This zucchini soup is AMAZING! It has so much flavor and little bit of texture, and what is most important it is very satisfying – like, it would keep you full for a long period of time (in my case 4-5 hours, which is great).
My mom used to make this soup for my brother and I, when we were kids, and we loved it! At least I did haha, but I know that he wasn’t complaining about it.
When I started making my own zucchini soup, I realized how easy and quick this recipe is! No really, you need like 15 minutes to make it!
Since it is summer, and we are literally surrounded with all the different kinds of zucchini squashes, then it is the perfect time to make this recipe. You can make it with regular summer zucchini, or if you prefer patty pan zucchini then be my guest. I tried both, and the it is so flavorful that I couldn’t imagine.
Try it! Literally, all you need is 3 ingredients, and I promise that your whole family will love it. I would love if you would try making this soup with your favorite zucchini and write the impressions in the comments below. I can’t wait to see your creations on Instagram, so don’t forget to tag me @simply.anchy !
Creamy 3-ingredients Zucchini Soup
- 1-2 small summer zucchini squashes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups milk*
- 1 Tbsp corn starch or tapioca starch
- Black pepper (optional)
- Fresh or dried dill for garnish (optional)
- Grate zucchini squashes on fine grater.
- Heat olive oil in a medium pot, and add grated zucchini to fry.
- Season with salt at this stage to help zucchini release as much liquid as possible. Try not to overdo with the salt, ’cause you can always add more at the end.
- Fry until all the liquid is gone, and zucchinis start to stick to the walls of the pot.
- At this stage you add the milk, but NOT ALL. Save some to dissolve starch.
- Dissolve starch in the leftover milk.
- When soup starts to boil, add dissolved starch and stir until soup thickens.
- Season with black pepper and more salt if necessary, and garnish with dill.
*Some of the links that I am using are affiliate links. That means if you follow them and purchase something, I would earn a little commission at no extra cost to you. I use affiliate links so I can promote products and services that I think are excellent. It also helps me monetize this site so I can keep on creating content for you. Thank you so much. I love you all!!!*