Hi, Guyz!!! So you have found me in my small corner of the World Wide Web. My name is Ana Veselinović, but all of my friends and family call me Anchy. I love to cook, but what is more important is that my husband LOVES my cooking (and trust me when I say that he is a picky eater, so I have to sneak in some ingredients for him to eat). That is the reason why I started this blog, so I could share my ideas and recipes with you.
I don’ believe that it’s possible to live well without eating well, and this can mean different things on different occasions. But, no matter what’s the occasion, we need food that will make us feel good, and I don’t just mean while we’re eating it and after. What I really mean, is that we need food that is going to make us feel better while we are preparing it too.
I know that life can be complicated and overwhelming, but cooking doesn’t have to be. While I’m cooking I want my food to give me flavor, pleasure, and ease, because, no matter how hard our lives can be, life should be celebrated, and is there a better way to celebrate it than with GOOD and HOMEMADE food?
Simply Anchy is a blog about EASY HOMEMADE RECIPES that out-lift and enrich your life, and also make you feel relaxed. It is also about the food that you will enjoy with your friends and family around the kitchen table, and make new connections and memories.
What is a HEALTHY FOOD for me?
When I say ”healthy” I think about food that is mostly made from scratch. There are some ”cheats” now and then, but that is totally normal because I know that you are a very busy person, and don’t have time to always make your own tomato sauce or tortillas (figuratively speaking). I personally don’t like buying pre-made (that includes take-outs and frozen ”just-pop-it-in-oven/microwave” food) stuff and I will be sharing with you simple tips and tricks on how to make everything on your own, without any fuss, but I will most certainly won’t blame you if you want to take short-cuts 😉
I like to create and share recipes that are fresh, seasonal and healthy, sometimes decadent, but mostly simple comfort food.
My mission is to make the world healthier place by helping people making better food/eating decisions because I believe with all my heart that what and how we cook and eat can make us feel better and more alive, but most importantly a lot healthier.
I really hope that you will join me on my mission!
Some facts that you may not know about me:
- I am a veterinarian, and I love all animals but have a weakness for cats. I have a Siamese cat named Chester, whom I love so much.
- Recently, another cat joined our family. Her name is Mićuni, and she loves snow.
- I hate wearing make-up.
- I am madly in love with my husband, who is the most supportive person in the world.
- My most favorite season of the year is Winter because I love snow and everything that comes with it.
- I love long walks through the forest and on the beach.
- I don’t like beans and cooked cabbage, so that is something that you won’t find on this site.
- My favorite colors are purple and blue (in all their shades).
- I like to walk bear-feet on grass.
Also, sign up for my emails so you don’t miss on any of my recipes, freebies and lots of other great stuff!