The zucchini season has finally arrived, and that means → All recipes zucchini! It doesn’t matter if it’s savory or sweet (yes you can HIDE zucchinis in sweet recipes), we just need to embrace these lovely veggies while they’re available. So today here is one simple recipe for summer zucchini and ground turkey fritters. I know you’ll love it!
I really love zucchini season, and I believe that is my No 1 thing I like about summer. The second thing is tomatoes (check out my Tomato and Basil Bruschetta recipe). Zucchinis are so versatile, and you can make almost every recipe known with them (Psst! Sometimes I even hide them in the brownies, but don’t tell Vesely). I love how they come in a big variety of colors, shapes, and sizes. Also, they are so refreshing and filling, and my favorite way of eating them is when they’re grilled, in a sandwich with mayo.
But today, I’m not grilling them. I’m sharing my simple recipe for zucchini and ground turkey fritters, that you can get done and serve in less than 15 minutes! They’re PERFECT with mashed potatoes or cooked rice. You can even wrap them in the whole wheat tortilla with some salad and have a delicious lunch. Or add them to the lunchbox for the kids. I know they’ll love it.
Sometimes, I like making the mixture the day before and then fry them when I come back for work. I only do this when I know that I’ll be tight with my time. But I don’t recommend you make the mixture and leave it in the fridge for more than 1 day. Because it will get slimy and soggy and will smell funky. Honestly, I tried it, so you don’t have to, and the mixture wasn’t for use. At least, not for me and my family.
Other recipes you might like:
- Creamy 3-ingredients Zucchini Soup
- Zucchini Savory Muffins | Perfect Breakfast On-The-Go
- Pasta Carbonara | Quick Recipe for Busy Days
- Crispy Quinoa Patties
Now, let’s stop talking, and grab a bite!
Yields 10 fritters
Fresh, quick and easy zucchini fritters recipe, that can be done in less than 15 minutes.
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 300g (11 oz) ground turkey
- 1 onion
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp dried dill
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Olive oil, for frying
- Grate zucchini and squeeze it to remove as much liquid as you can. Finely dice an onion.
- In a bowl combine grated zucchini,diced onion, ground turkey, an egg, dill, flour, and baking powder. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Mix everything until well combined.
- Heat some olive oil in the frying pan, over medium high heat. To check if the oil is hot enough, take a tiny bit of mixture and put it in the oil. If it starts sizzling right away it is hot enough.
- Take one heaped tablespoon of the mixture and carefully drop it in the hot oil. Flatten it with the back of the spoon. Repeat until your frying pan is full, but not too crowded.
- Fry the fritters for about 1 minute on each side, or until golden brown.
- When they’re done, move them to the plate covered with a sheet of paper towel. It will help remove any excess oil.
- When they’re done, serve them with your favorite side dish. Enjoy!
*The mixture can be made the day before (not more!) and kept in the fridge. Then all you have to do is heat up some oil and fry them.
**You can also make them in batches and keep in the fridge. Then use them for quick dinner or add to lunchbox for the kids.
Did you enjoy this post? I would like to hear what you think in the comments below. If you make it don’t forget to post it on Instagram and tag me @simply.anchy or use hashtag #simplyanchyrecipe, because I love to see all of your kitchen creations. Also be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook, so that you never miss any of my recipes and posts.
Would you like to serve healthy meals to your family every day of the week, but you can't seem to find enough time for cooking?
A little bit of planning ahead will solve this problem! Let me show you how to easily and efficiently meal plan and prep your food for the best cooking results! This course is TOTALLY FREE, all you need to do is sign up for our Newsletter below!