If you ask me, this is by far the quickest and the most simple way of preparing chicken wings. The sweet and smoky sauce is sticky and indulging. This is one of those recipes that is done in half an hour, but everyone will think that it took you a much longer. Prepare yourself, because here is the recipe for oven baked BBQ chicken wings!
In my previous post, I’ve shared my recipe for Vesely’s favorite homemade BBQ sauce. And, as I said, I came up with it during our Whole30 challenge in June this year. It is absolutely sugar-free and is really simple to make. Unlike most of the Whole30 compliant sauces that call for Medjool Dates, my homemade BBQ sauce is made with apple cider syrup.
If you haven’t tried it you can grab the recipe here >> Simple Homemade BBQ Sauce | Whole30
Funny story about these chicken wings
Chicken wings were Vesely’s least favorite before he tried these oven baked BBQ chicken wings.
When I was making this recipe for the first time, I didn’t want to tell him. I just said that we are having chicken wings for dinner. I could see the sad look on his face, but he said it was okay, even though he had a really rough time on a whole30 challenge. But, I knew he liked sweet glazed ham, so I realized he never tried sticky chicken wings.
When I served the dinner, and he saw that it was very different than he had it before, he started smiling. Then he tried my oven baked BBQ chicken wings and LOVED THEM! He even had to take a photo and send it to my brother straight away! Haha.
After that, I had to make the same recipe for both of them. They started talking about how good they were, especially because of my homemade BBQ sauce, that I had to share both recipes with you guys. 🙂
Oven baked BBQ chicken wings are so simple to make and very delicious
Smoked paprika (hot or sweet) in the BBQ sauce makes my oven baked BBQ chicken wing so delicious, that you will think they were made on a charcoal grill. These are so simple to make. Just roast the wings in your oven for 20 to 25 minutes (220°C / 430°F). Then you brush them with this simple homemade BBQ sauce and put back in the oven for 5 more minutes. The sauce becomes sticky and caramelized.
You can top them with some toasted sesame seeds like I did, but that part is totally optional.
I would really like to know what you think about this recipe in the comments below. Did you like it, did you hate it? All comments are welcome.
Recipes you might also like:
- Simple Homemade BBQ Sauce | Whole30
- Sweet Glazed Lime Parisienne Carrots | Whole30
- Whole Roasted Chicken with Sage and Potatoes
- Easy Baked Potato Fries
- How To Cook Rice Perfectly Every Time
- Fluffy Clove and Parsley White Rice
Yields 3-4 servings
Quick and easy barbecue wings dinner recipe, that is done in half an hour.
2 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
32 minTotal Time
- 1 kg (2 lbs) chicken wings
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Pinch of salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 220°C (430°F), and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the skin between the drumettes and flats (upper arm and forearm) and straighten the wing as much as possible. Don’t be afraid to break the joint.
- Line the wings on the baking sheet and season with a pinch of salt and ground black pepper.
- Place baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes, turning the wings half way through, until the skin is golden brown and the meat is soft and cooked through.
- In the meantime toast sesame seeds on the dry non-stick pan, over medium-high heat. Toast them for 3-4 minutes stirring all the time, until they turn color from white to yellow and start to smell amazing. Keep a good eye on them so they don’t burn and become bitter.
- Take the wings out of the oven and increase the temperature to 250°C (480°F).
- Brush the chicken wings with BBQ sauce on both sides and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- Put them back into the oven for 5 minutes, or until the sauce becomes sticky.
- Serve with your favorite salad or other side dish. Enjoy!
Did you enjoy this post? I would like to hear what you think in the comments below. If you make it don’t forget to post it on Instagram and tag me @simply.anchy or use hashtag #simplyanchyrecipe, because I love to see all of your kitchen creations. Also be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook, so that you never miss any of my recipes and posts.
Would you like to serve healthy meals to your family every day of the week, but you can't seem to find enough time for cooking?
A little bit of planning ahead will solve this problem! Let me show you how to easily and efficiently meal plan and prep your food for the best cooking results! This course is TOTALLY FREE, all you need to do is sign up for our Newsletter below!