Curries have become one of my favorites during my Whole30 journey. I believe it’s because they are really easy to make and basically, you don’t need a specific recipe for it. All you need is some meat (or not if you’re making a veggie version), different veggies and spices. So here is another simple recipe for one-skillet curry chicken thighs and potatoes. It’s made with dried curry spice mix and coconut milk, so it’s extra creamy and delicious.
Most of the curries are one-pan or one-skillet recipes, which is another reason why I love them so much. I just hate don’t like doing the dishes, especially since I don’t own the dishwashing machine. So these recipes are a go-to for me. 😉
When it comes to spices, you can go all fancy about it and make your own curry paste or dried curry spice mixes, or you can buy them in your local grocery store. Either way, you will make very delicious recipes, like this one-skillet curry chicken thighs and potatoes.
Just the other day, before I made this creamy and delicious curry, I had another super-busy day at work. When I came home I realized that I haven’t made anything for dinner, so I had to improvise. And the result of that improvisation is this yummy recipe! ? The day before, I took the chicken thighs out of the freezer to defrost, because we wanted to grill them over the BBQ. But since we own only the wood fire BBQ, it would take us a long time to prepare everything. So I’ve decided to make them into this quick-ish one-skillet curry, and it was Oh-So-Delicious. I promise you will enjoy it!
What is your favorite curry recipe? How do you like to make it? Let me know in the comments below.
Now go and make your own one-skillet curry chicken thighs and potatoes. ENJOY!
Yields 2-4 servings
A very simple chicken thighs recipe, that is creamy and healthy. Everyone will LOVE it!
5 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 4 chicken things, skin on and bones in
- 2 big Russet potatoes (750 g / 1.6 lbs), cleaned and diced
- 1 medium purple onion, roughly chopped
- 1 can coconut milk (14 oz)
- 2 tsp dried curry seasoning mix
- 1 Tbsp ghee
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Cilantro or flat-leaf parsley, for garnishing (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Put chicken thighs in a ziplock bag and add dried curry seasoning mix. Shake the bag well until everything is coated.
- Heat up your cast-iron skillet (or any other oven-safe skillet) over medium-high heat. Add ghee and fry seasoned thighs, skin side down first. Cook for 2-3 minutes on one side, then turn to the other. All you want is to sear the chicken with the seasoning, for maximum flavor. When seared on both sides, take the thighs out on a plate and set aside for few minutes.
- In the same skillet add chopped onion and diced potatoes. Cook until onion becomes soft and potatoes start to brown a bit. Then add a can of coconut milk, and stir it.
- When the coconut milk starts to bubble, return the chicken thighs to the skillet, nesting them between the potatoes and onions. You can coat them in coconut milk by turning them a few times. Then put everything in the preheated oven to finish cooking.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes until the potatoes are soft, coconut milk is creamy and chicken is done.
- Garnish with some fresh cilantro (or flat-leaf parsley) leaves and serve. Enjoy!
Did you enjoy this post? I would like to hear what you think in the comments below. If you make it don’t forget to post it on Instagram and tag me @simply.anchy or use hashtag #simplyanchyrecipe, because I love to see all of your kitchen creations. Also be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook, so that you never miss any of my recipes and posts.
Would you like to serve healthy meals to your family every day of the week, but you can't seem to find enough time for cooking?
A little bit of planning ahead will solve this problem! Let me show you how to easily and efficiently meal plan and prep your food for the best cooking results! This course is TOTALLY FREE, all you need to do is sign up for our Newsletter below!