Chocolate truffles are the type of dessert that is made of chocolate ganache. They are very rich in chocolate flavor, which makes them one of my favorite indulging sweet treat. I promise you’ll love them once you try them.
*Some of the links that I am using are affiliate links. That means if you follow them and purchase something, I will earn a little commission at no extra cost to you. I use affiliate links so I can promote products and services that I use and think are excellent. It also helps me monetize this site so I can keep on creating content for you. Thank you so much. I love you all!!!*
There are a number of ways you can use chocolate ganache in your recipes, like tarts, pies, cakes, etc. and these chocolate ganache truffles are definitely my favorite way. These dark chocolate truffles are unlike anything else in the food world. They are so simple to make, and they’re also the best food gift you can give to someone. They’re just perfect in every way.
All you need to make these beauties is a 75% cocoa dark chocolate and double cream. The ratio that gives you the best result, when it comes to creaminess and taste is 2 parts of dark chocolate to 1 part of the double cream. If you want your dark chocolate truffles to be softer and milder, just add more cream.
You might also like:
Adding a little bit of liqueur makes them even better. I like adding any kind of creamy liqueur (like Baileys) but you can try others as well. Also, one little bird told me that the sour cherry liqueur is also a great option (wink, wink).
For coating, you can use whatever you like! No really, just use what you have on hand. You can use any type of toasted ground nuts, like walnuts, hazelnuts, pistachios, almonds, peanuts etc. Also, great options are cocoa powder, ground cinnamon, ground coconut, ground dried fruits, and all of them will give you a variety of flavors and colors. If that doesn’t make the dark chocolate truffles the emperor of the sweets, I don’t know what does!
If I could give you one of these beauties to try now – I would! They’re sooooo delicious. So, what are you waiting for? Go to the kitchen and make your own dark chocolate truffles. You won’t regret it, I promise.
Yields 16 truffles
These dark chocolate truffles are so rich in flavor, really simple to make, and they're the best food gift in the world.
10 minPrep Time
1 hr, 10 Total Time
- 150 g dark chocolate 75% cocoa
- 75 ml double cream
- 2 Tbsp Baileys or chocolate liqueur (optional)
- cocoa powder, cinnamon, ground walnuts/hazelnuts/almonds/pistachios etc.
- Pour double cream into a saucepan and put over medium heat. Don't let it boil, but it needs to be really hot.
- In the meantime, while the cream is heating up, tear the chocolate into chunks and put it into bowl.
- Pour hot cream over the chocolate, and let it sit for couple of minutes. Then stir it until you get smooth chocolate ganache.
- Add Baileys/chocolate liqueur and stir everything together, then cover bowl with cling-film and let sit in the fridge for 1 hour to set.
- After your chocolate ganache is set, prepare your coatings. Then take roughly one teaspoon of ganache and roll it between your hands to shape it, and then coat it with whichever coating you like.
- Leave in fridge for 15-20 minutes to set again before serving. Enjoy.
Did you enjoy this post? I would like to hear what you think in the comments below. If you make it don’t forget to post it on Instagram and tag me @simply.anchy or use hashtag #gimmetheyum, because I love to see all of your kitchen creations. Also be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook, so that you never miss any of my recipes and posts.
Would you like to serve healthy meals to your family every day of the week, but you can't seem to find enough time for cooking?
A little bit of planning ahead will solve this problem! Let me show you how to easily and efficiently meal plan and prep your food for the best cooking results! This course is TOTALLY FREE, all you need to do is sign up for our Newsletter below!