Since the holidays season is here, I have decided to share another chocolate cookies recipe with you. This time it is a double chocolate and almonds cookies. And the best part is that they are gluten-free, and are somewhat healthy for you (if you can manage to eat only one, or two, maybe three… oh bummer!). I am sure that you will enjoy these cookies because they are so chewy and delicious.
*Some of the links that I am using are affiliate links. That means if you follow them and purchase something, I would earn a little commission at no extra cost to you. I use affiliate links so I can promote products and services that I use and think are excellent. It also helps me monetize this site so I can keep on creating content for you. Thank you so much. I love you all!!!*
I like using oat flour to make my cookies. The main reason is that the oat flour is gluten-free, but it also has a low glycemic index and that means that it raises the blood sugar gradually, and after some time the blood sugar also drops gradually. That is why you feel fuller for the longest time after eating oats, oatmeal, or anything made out of oats. This makes these cookies perfect for a quick snack (only if you can eat one at a time, haha).
The oat flour is not like the regular wheat flour, it can absorb more water, so if you want to substitute oat for wheat flour, make sure that you are adding the flour in small batches. That is how you will prevent making your dough too hard and dry. The dough has to be sticky in order to get your cookies to be soft and chewy.
Cookies as Presents! YAY!
This recipe for chocolate cookies is one of those that you will be making over and over again, and never get tired, because everyone will love them, especially you. They are so soft and chewy, and that double chocolate taste makes them perfect for the upcoming holidays. They even make a perfect present. Trust me, you can’t make a mistake by giving food as a present, especially these double chocolate and almonds cookies. C’mon! Do you know anyone who wouldn’t like them?
Now go to the kitchen and make these chocolate cookies to reward yourself for being a wonderful person.
Yields 16 cookies
Gluten-free double chocolate and almonds cookies that are made with oat flour. Chewy and addictive.
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 stick of butter (120 g), at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3.5 oz (100 g) dark chocolate bar
- A handful of almonds (optional)
- In a mixing bowl combine butter and sugar, and beat them using a hand mixer until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Sift the oat flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda into the wet ingredients and give everything a good mix with a wooden spoon to get a sticky dough.
- Using a serrated knife (or very sharp chef's knife) cut your chocolate bar into small chunks. Do the same with the almonds (if you are using them), and add everything to the dough, and fold together.
- Put the batter into the refrigerator to cool down, for half an hour. This will make cookie batter easier to handle.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F), and line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Divide dough using big ice-cream scoop, that you dive into the warm water before every scoop, and lay them on the baking sheet. Slightly press them with your fingers to flatten them.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the top isn't soft anymore. Transfer them immediately on the cooling rack, and let cool completely.
- Enjoy with a cup of warm milk or tea.
Did you enjoy this post? I would like to hear what you think in the comments below. If you make it don’t forget to post it on Instagram and tag me @simply.anchy or use hashtag #gimmetheyum, because I love to see all of your kitchen creations. Also be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook, so that you never miss any of my recipes and posts.
Would you like to serve healthy meals to your family every day of the week, but you can't seem to find enough time for cooking?
A little bit of planning ahead will solve this problem! Let me show you how to easily and efficiently meal plan and prep your food for the best cooking results! This course is TOTALLY FREE, all you need to do is sign up for our Newsletter below!